A lovely recipe using fresh snapper: Grilled Snapper with Orange- Almond Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Grilled Snapper with Orange- Almond Sauce
- Six 8-ounce snapper or grouper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Rub fish fillets with oil. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium. Spray grill grate with vegetable cooking spray. Place fish on grate, and grill, without grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add almonds, and sauté 5 minutes or until butter is brown. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest. Pour sauce over fish.
- Reduce how much sauce you pour over your fish for reduced fat/calories.
- Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving Calories 481, Calories From Fat (53%) 256, Total Fat 29.13g, Saturated Fat 11.48g, Cholesterol 124.54mg, Sodium 461.75mg, Potassium 1098.59mg, Carbohydrates 4.89g, Dietary Fiber 2.83g, Sugar 0.58g, Net Carbohydrates 2.07g, Protein 49.76g
- Weight Watchers Points: Points Plus 12 Old Program 11
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted from The Coastal Living Cookbook)