This Grilled Snapper with Orange Almond Sauce is a lovely recipe using fresh snapper.
This is a delicious recipe using fresh snapper, but you can also use fresh grouper in this recipe. It’s simply grilled with a brush of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Really good fish is quite good when it’s simply grilled, but this recipe adds the most awesome buttery almond orange sauce to spoon on top.
Garnish it with a few orange segments to complete the dish. It’s so delicious!
Grilled Snapper with Orange Almond Sauce
- 6 8-ounce snapper or grouper filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- orange sections, for garnish (optional)
- Rub fish fillets with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium. Spray the grill grate with vegetable cooking spray. Place the fish on the grate, and grill, without grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add the almonds, and sauté 5 minutes or until butter is brown. Remove from heat. Stir in the orange zest. Pour the sauce over the fish.
- *Reduce how much sauce you pour over your fish for reduced fat/calories.