Here’s a different way to make tuna salad: Susie’s Tuna Salad Recipe
Who is Susie? She’s my sister- my wonderful older sister. She was married young, so I often visited her and let her make me dinner. This was one of her super easy favorites as a young bride.
You can put it together so easily and serve it over lettuce leaves. I vividly remember the crunch of the toasted almonds and chow mein noodles. All these years later, I still love it!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes + chill time
Susie's Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- One 12-ounce can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 can crispy chow mein noodles
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, peas, celery, pepper, onion and olives. Flake tuna with a fork and stir in gently.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the chow mein noodles. Divide the lettuce between four plates. Mound tuna mixture onto the lettuce. Sprinkle almonds on top.
Here are a few more recipes for tuna salad that you might enjoy:
- Avocado Tuna Salad by Simply Recipes
- The Best Tuna Salad Sandwich by Lauren’s Latest
- Lemony Chickpea and Tuna Salad by Eat Yourself Skinny