Love this simple recipe using fresh spinach: Lemon- Thyme Spinach
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Lemon- Thyme Spinach
I'm not always a huge fan of cooked spinach, but I couldn't get enough of this one. It's laced with a wonderful buttery sauce.
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 pound spinach, stems removed
- In a small bowl, combine butter, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and a generous pinch of salt and mash with a fork or spoon until well blended.
- Put several large handfuls of the spinach in a large nonstick skillet. Season with a sprinkle of salt. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is mostly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add another few handfuls of spinach and another sprinkle of salt, and continue to cook, tossing until wilted. Repeat until all of the spinach is wilted. Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the burner. Add the butter mixture and toss just until it melts and coats the spinach. Season to taste with salt, as desired, and serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 1/4 of the dish -- Calories 104, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 5.5g, Sugar .5g, Fiber 2.7g, Protein 3.4g, Cholesterol 23.3mg, Carbohydrates 4.5g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 3 Old Points Program: 2
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Fine Cooking)