Substituting lamb for ground beef in this quick and easy pasta recipe… with the addition of mint and fresh spinach (big hit for dinner in my family).
LAMB SPAGHETTI W/ SPINACH
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lb. ground lamb
1/3 cup tomato paste
¾ cup dry red wine
½ tsp. dried oregano
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6-ounce bag baby Spinach
3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
1 lb. spaghetti
freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, for topping
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, until the meat is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat.
2. Stir in tomato paste, wine and oregano; season with salt & pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add spinach and mint; stir until wilted.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Toss the pasta with the cooking liquid and the ground lamb sauce.
5. Serve with grated cheese.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Food & Wine