My mother has made these little Spinach Balls as a holiday appetizer for her annual Christmas party for as many years back as I can remember. They’re an easy little bite to put together and they’re always a bit hit at her party.
Yield: About 40 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes + refrigeration time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 (10 ounce packages) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 cup dried boxed stuffing mix (crumbled)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mix spinach with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Roll into 1-inch balls (you should be able to create about 40). Place onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm.
- Nutrition Facts -Amount Per Serving of 2 balls
- Calories 102, Calories From Fat (43%) 44, Total Fat 5g, Sat Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 323mg, Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 1.2g, Sugar 1.16g, Net Carbs 9g, Protein 5g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 3 Old Points Program: 2