A lovely, unique bread recipe: Honey Bread
This sweet (non-yeast) bread is baked low and slow (like good ribs!) It turns out a loaf of bread with a sweet flavor and a chewy texture. It may be reminiscent to some people as a much more amazing version of the brown bread you can get out of the can.
Yield: One loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: About 3 hours
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. (yes, that's correct!) Spray a 5x9-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, milk and brown sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and stir them into the honey mixture- just until combined.
- Bake for 3 hours (check at 2 1/2 hours), or until the bread tests done with a toothpick inserted into the center coming out clean.