A classic recipe that has been around for many years: Lone Ranger Cookies
Lone Ranger Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together shortening and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture.
- Stir in rice krispies, oatmeal and coconut until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Leave out the coconut for the kids, as they typically do not like it! Or, divide the batter up and make half with coconut and half without.