This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Between Seasons Happy Hour.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Baked Brie with Fig Jam
Fig jam provides just a little sweetness to pair with the brie to make it unbelievably delicious.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
One 5-inch round of brie cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 Tablespoon water
1/4 cup fig jam
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lay puff pastry on a cutting board. Spread fig jam in center (about a 5-inch circle). Top with the round of brie.
3. Fold pastry up over top of brie and keep overlapping until all puff pastry has enclosed the brie. Slightly twist the top into a knot to seal.
4. Place wrapped brie in a baking dish that you'd like to serve from- a pie plate works well. Brush with egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the outside is golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. and cook for an additional few minutes, until brie has softened.
6. Serve with hard crackers or crusty bread.
*Fig jam can sometimes be tough to find. Look in your market's peanut butter and jelly aisle, or if your market has a gourmet cheese section you can usually find it there too.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via CLBB "I_luv_2_bake"
"Between Seasons" Happy Hour… Tempted by Fall Flavors Next Post »
Chocolate- Pumpkin Brownies