This Baked Brie with Fig Jam is an all-time favorite appetizer recipe.
Puff pastry spread with fig jam, topped with a wheel of brie and wrapped up with an egg wash on top. This one is easy, but it’s amazing in taste. Served with firm crackers, and there won’t be a speck left.
If you’re looking for more brie recipes, you might enjoy my Baked Brie with Blueberry Sauce too.
Baked Brie with Fig Jam
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- One 5-inch round of brie cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay puff pastry on a cutting board. Spread fig jam in center (about a 5-inch circle). Top with the round of brie.
- Fold pastry up over top of brie and keep overlapping until all puff pastry has enclosed the brie. Slightly twist the top into a knot to seal.
- Place wrapped brie in a baking dish that you'd like to serve from- a pie plate works well. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the outside is golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. and cook for an additional few minutes, until brie has softened.
- Serve with hard crackers or crusty bread.
- Fig jam can sometimes be tough to find. Look in your market's peanut butter and jelly aisle, or if your market has a gourmet cheese section you can usually find it there too.