Mint Brownie “Muffins” w/ Mint Chip Ice Cream & Hot Fudge Sauce

Happy holiday weekend!

Celebrate by making this simple dessert: Miniature Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes… specifically: mint brownie “muffins” topped with mint chip ice cream and hot fudge.

If you don’t care for mint, simply leave it out of the recipe, and use all vanilla extract instead. Top with the ice cream of your choice.  I’m thinkin’ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough would be a good one.

I used a regular-sized muffin tin to scoop the brownie cookie dough into…just a little over a Tablespoonful resulted in muffins about half the size of the typical muffin (perfect for sundae size and not overwhelmingly large).

For sundaes, undercooked brownie muffins are a plus. They turn out soft and gooey and are really nice when they’re warm too. This brownie muffin dough also makes great cookies, if you prefer to go that route.

Two little boys were super excited to have these as after-school treats yesterday.  :)

This recipe can be found here: Hot Fudge- Mint Brownie Sundaes
And I have a great recipe for the ice cream here:  Low Fat Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

25 Responses to “Mint Brownie “Muffins” w/ Mint Chip Ice Cream & Hot Fudge Sauce”

Jessica @ How Sweet — May 28, 2010 @ 2:26 AM

Please serve me one up! Yum!

Nicole — May 28, 2010 @ 3:05 AM

That looks SO good!

Serena — May 28, 2010 @ 6:57 AM

hi, this looks sooo delicious!

i’d just like to ask a (probably very stupid) question :) did you do the ice cream yourself? ’cause if you did, i’d like to ask for that recipe :)

tnx

S.

nina — May 28, 2010 @ 7:26 AM

O, o , o this is a thing of beauty!!! Love that hot/cool como….

shannon abdollmohamm — May 28, 2010 @ 9:04 AM

Gonna print this out for Summer!! Looks great!!

Fran — May 28, 2010 @ 9:36 AM

Hahahaha! My favorite dessert on the planet. When asked what my last meal would be it’s Bagels and Lox on a Salt bagel and for dessert, A warm home made brownie with mint chocolate chip ice cream, hot fudge (not sauce) and fresh whipped cream with chopped nuts. Oh my, I need to get a pan of brownies in the oven!

Michelle — May 28, 2010 @ 11:18 AM

Oh, super yum! Mint and chocolate is absolutely my favorite combination. I can’t wait to try your mint ice cream recipe either. My machine has been churning out ice cream at least once a week lately, and this sounds great.

ingrid — May 28, 2010 @ 11:40 AM

Lucky boys! :)

They’re kinda like the brownie version of pizzookies, which is pure brillance.

Hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
    ~ingrid

Gera @ SweetsFoods — May 28, 2010 @ 11:40 AM

Two of my favorite: chocolate and mint in one place, I can eat this dessert often, well..with lot of workouts to burn the kcals ;) – if my ice cream isn’t low fat.

Glorious the contrast in color of the photo!

Have a great weekend,

Gera

grace — May 28, 2010 @ 11:53 AM

these treats would most definitely be best with the brownies fresh from the oven, and for that reason, i would eat two servings immediately. and wait–there are people who don’t like mint? blasphemy! :)

averagebetty — May 28, 2010 @ 12:50 PM

Every kid I know (except for one) sites Mint Chocolate Chip as their favorite ice cream. This is brilliant! Thank you :)

Lori Lynn — May 28, 2010 @ 1:04 PM

Wow! Those photos are jumping off the screen! Sounds like a perfect way to kick off the upcoming summer and this holiday weekend. Happy Memorial Day to you and your family Lori.
    LL

Memoria — May 28, 2010 @ 1:21 PM

These muffins look perfect!!! Thanks for sharing.

Velva — May 28, 2010 @ 4:07 PM

This looks awesome! What a great summer treat. I would never think of leaving the mint out-never. :-)

Jen Schall — May 28, 2010 @ 4:41 PM

I often make brownie muffins… Perfectly portioned and I don’t have to worry about attempting to cut them into little squares which inevitably turn into giant rectangles! Plus, I don’t feel so bad when I snack on one for breakfast… Since they are muffins and all. ;)

SinfulSouthernSweets — May 29, 2010 @ 12:41 AM

I haven’t ever thought of making a brownie as a muffin. What a great idea!! Makes them much easier to hold and eat, well, unless you’ve got ice cream on top ;) My little one loves mint choc chip ice cream. I just know she would love this too!

VeggieGirl — May 29, 2010 @ 3:26 AM

Lucky boys! I want to have that after school, haha :-D

Katrina — May 29, 2010 @ 5:49 AM

There it is! Saw it on your FB and been waitin’. ;)

bridget {bake at 350 — May 29, 2010 @ 1:52 PM

Now that’s just evil. ;)

Barbara — May 31, 2010 @ 10:12 AM

Mint and chocolate are a perfect match. And I have made those dense chocolate muffins before…everyone loved them. Next time I’ll top them with some mint ice cream. AND pour chocolate over the lot!

Patricia — May 31, 2010 @ 12:06 PM

Wonderful to see something so simple be so delicious & satisfying!

Heidi — May 31, 2010 @ 7:25 PM

We love Crem de Mint brownies, but these look way less labor intensive and way cuter! Only two more days of after school snacks for us, so I better get baking:)

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — June 19, 2010 @ 3:55 PM

These look absolutely delicious! Lovely pictures :)