Enchiladas (20 Recipes to Share)

Hooray for Enchiladas!  I’ve decided to make an enchilada recipe for dinner tonight… one that I’ve made a zillion times and have never gotten a photo of- Asparagus and Chicken Enchiladas.  My father used to make these enchiladas for me every time I came to visit.  They are so creamy and delicious, and I’m excited to (finally) try and snap a good photo.  Enchiladas aren’t the easiest of dishes to photograph.  They end up looking like a sloppy mess most of the time, even though they are incredibly delicious to eat.  Here are 20 fabulous enchiladas recipes from some of my favorite food blogs.  Find a favorite and click the title to find the recipe.

Easy Beef Enchiladas by RecipeGirl- Like the title says, these are just easy enchiladas with a homemade sauce if you’re so inclined to make it.  My family loves these.

White Chicken Enchiladas by The Pioneer Woman- I have heard this recipe RAVED AND RAVED AND RAVED about, so I’m guessing it’s completely worthy of trying!  It’s on my list…

Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas from Mango & Tomato- Since my family loves my beef enchiladas, I’m guessing that an addition of black beans might be in order too.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas by RecipeGirl- Super creamy and a bunch of good stuff on top too.  I love these enchiladas big time.

Chicken Enchiladas Verdes by Simply Recipes- Elise pretty much has the best recipes on the internet, so if you’re wishing to try the green version of enchiladas, this is your recipe!

Chicken and Black Bean Zucchini Enchiladas by Taste and Tell- These just look yummy.  And a squeeze of lime is perfect.  I love everything from Deborah’s blog.

Zucchini- Beef Enchiladas by RecipeGirl- Call me sneaky, but I served these enchiladas to my little boy and he had zero clue that there was zucchini hidden in there.  He loved them :)

Chipotle Pork Enchiladas by White on Rice Couple- I think these are too beautiful to eat, but chipotle-pork in an enchilada sounds absolutely delightful to me!

Shrimp Enchiladas Verde by Eat Live Run- Shrimp in an enchilada is a very good idea indeed!

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas by Gluten Free Goddess- A gluten-free option here- sweet potatoes are a fabulous idea to stuff inside of enchiladas!

Skinny Chicken Enchiladas by SkinnyTaste- A skinny version of enchiladas is always welcome.  Weight Watcher’s points and nutritional information is included on these.

Lighter Chicken Enchiladas Verdes by Tracey’s Culinary Adventures- Another light enchilada recipe!

Light Bean and Cheese Enchiladas by Noble Pig- yet another light option- yay!

Cranberry Turkey Enchiladas by RecipeGirl- an alternative flavor for enchiladas… I know they sound bizarre, but you’ve gotta trust me on this one- they are soooo good!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas by The Novice Chef- another alternative flavor for enchiladas, introducing “buffalo chicken!”  Sounds great to me!

Thai Chicken Enchiladas by How Sweet It Is- Leave it to Jessica to come up with something totally different for an enchilada.  I’m excited to try this one!

Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas by Two Peas and Their Pod- Since roasted vegetables are good by themselves, let alone when included in a main dish, this one has got to be fabulous.

Enchilada Lasagna by Lauren’s Latest- Veering off into enchilada-themed dishes, this “lasagna” looks intriguing too.

Black Bean and Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells by Bakeaholic Mama- Stuffing enchilada filling in to pasta shells is a rather good idea too.

Chicken Enchilada Puffs by TidyMom- And stuffing enchilada stuffing into crescent pastry to create a meal is something that might work well for your family dinner.

Hope you found some enchilada love in all of this delicious madness.  Happy Cinco de Mayo weekend to ya!

34 Responses to “Enchiladas (20 Recipes to Share)”

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — May 4, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

I have no words. I want a taste of each!!!

Kathryn — May 4, 2012 @ 5:27 AM

I’ve never really been a fan of enchiladas when I’ve made them but I think maybe I’m just making them all wrong because this round up has me salivating!

Amy @ The Blond Cook — May 4, 2012 @ 5:28 AM

Decisions, decisions……hmmmm. Now I have to figure out which one I’m going to make first!!! :-)

Rachel Cooks (formerly Not Rachael Ray) — May 4, 2012 @ 5:45 AM

I’m suddenly craving enchiladas…. ;)

Tracey — May 4, 2012 @ 6:29 AM

Wow, I guess I know what I’m adding to my menu for next week :) Thanks for including me!

Lauren — May 4, 2012 @ 6:31 AM

Thanks for the shout out, Lori! They all look amazing!

Amy — May 4, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

I’ve been struggling with enchiladas recently, they are always good but SOMETHING is missing flavorwise. I’m sure with all these options I will solve the mystery….that white chicken recipe from Pioneer Woman has me drooling on my desk right now.

Danielle — May 4, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

I’m here to tell you Jessica’s Thai Enchiladas are delicious! I love the combination of flavors – perfect!

najwa kronfel — May 4, 2012 @ 7:00 AM

I want all of them! yum!! It’s hard to pick just one :)

alexandra — May 4, 2012 @ 7:22 AM

This post makes me miss SoCal! Thanks for sharing so much deliciousness.

EatLiveRun — May 4, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

I could live off of enchiladas alone! Thanks for including my recipe, Lori!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — May 4, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

seriously how are you supposed to decide! They all look so amazing and so many different flavor combos…I’ve make the roasted veggie one before and it’s fantastic.

CJ at Food Stories — May 4, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

I found your site on foodblogs.com and thought I’d stop by and check it out. Just subscribed to your feed and can’t wait to see what your next post will be!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 4, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

What a stunning roundup!

Have a great weekend, Lori!

Shawna — May 4, 2012 @ 8:50 AM

Thanks for doing this! I can’t wait to try some of these recipes.

TidyMom — May 4, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

oh I’ve been wanting some new Enchilada recipes!! Thanks for featuring my puffs Lori…….it’s one of my family’s favorites that we make often!

Patricia — May 4, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Thai Chicken Enchiladas by How Sweet It Is…..We had these for supper the other night and they are delicious! Next on the enchilada lineup are your Cranberry Turkey Enchiladas; they do sound divine. What a way to use up leftover Thanksgiving ingredients.

Alicia — May 4, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up on these great food blogs!

Jessica @ How Sweet — May 4, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

i want to eat every enchilada on this page.
    TONIGHT.

Cassie — May 4, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Awesome list. Definitely hungry for enchiladas now!

Deborah Vogts — May 4, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Your enchiladas look so good. Thanks for sharing all these recipes!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — May 4, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

What an honor to have my recipe shared with such a great group of bloggers. Thanks so much Lori… everyone’s dishes look fabulous!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — May 4, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Yum! They all look fantastic! It would be hard to pick one recipe to make!!

Roxana GreenGirl { A little bit of everything} — May 4, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I’m craving enchiladas right now! Everything looks great, would be a hard decision to pick just one!

Joanne — May 4, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

So many delicious enchilada recipes all in one place! I’ve got a lot of tex-mex to get to eating, that’s for sure!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — May 4, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Such a great roundup! These look absolutely delicious, Lori!

love2dine — May 4, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

You’re so creative!! I am very impressed

Zee — May 5, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

This is a great collection of enchilada recipes! I love enchiladas and they all look so delicious

Molly — May 5, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

This list is fantastic. I was so inspired, I made your asparagus enchiladas last night, subbing green chili for the onions. They are now my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

jeny_nour — May 5, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

No matter which recipe you try first, second, third.. nineteenth – a good secret is that whatever chile sauce you plan to use, MAKE EXTRA. Take some of it and stew the meat filling first, over a low heat, then stuff the enchilada and bake as normal.
    The word Enchilada means “in chili”. (from wiki: Enchilada, past participle of Spanish enchilar, “to add chile pepper to”, literally to “season (or decorate) with chile.”)
    So use that sauce inside and out. Spread a thin spoonful on the inside of the softened tortilla with the back of a spoon, before adding the meat filling. Then, when spooning the filling into the tortillas, use a slotted spoon to bring out the meat, leaving the sauce in your pan for spooning over the top with the cheese, sprinkle with fine chopped black olives.
    Yummm.

Also: Wait 5 minutes after bringing the dish from the oven, before digging in. Don’t serve immediately or the dish won’t have time to set up and it will seem disappointingly goop-gooey.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 5, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Great round-up! Enchiladas are definitely a favorite in our house. Now I think I’ve made about 3 of these recipes here, but now I have 17 more to make! :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 6, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

Yay for enchiladas! They are my fave and I really love this round-up!

Deborah — May 9, 2012 @ 7:06 AM

Ok,now I’ve got a serious enchilada craving!! Thanks for including my enchiladas! :)

Gina @ Skinnytaste — May 21, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

Thanks for including me :)

Now this post just made me super super hungry, I think enchiladas are my favorite meal! I may have to cook my way through each and every one of these!