This Smothered Chicken recipe is such an incredibly easy “microwave” dinner. Yes, microwave! It’s quick to fix with an easy and flavorful sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 whole garlic head (unpeeled)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Four 6-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, toss onion with oil. Place garlic in the center. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes. Stir bell pepper and tomato paste into onion.
- Rub chicken with paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; place on vegetables, with thickest part of breast facing edge of dish. Cover; cook on high until chicken is opaque throughout, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Remove garlic; slice off top, and squeeze cloves into a small bowl. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mash with a spoon. Stir into vegetables; spoon onto plates and serve chicken on top.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of mayonnaise that is known to be GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 chicken breast + 1/4 tomato mixture) Calories: 271, Fat: 7.7g, Saturated Fat: 1.26g, Sugar: 3.27g, Sodium: 199mg, Fiber: 1.7g, Protein: 40.5g, Cholesterol: 102mg, Carbohydrates: 8.69g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 6