Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken is a flavorful healthy meal all made on one pan and ready in just 40 minutes.
School is out and summer is finally here but with all your free time, you want to spend it outside and with the family instead of slaving over a hot stove or cleaning up millions of pots and pans. Am I right? That’s when easy meals like this Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken come in handy.
Sheet pan meals aren’t just for busy weekday school nights. Honestly, every day is busy and when it’s not, I just want a chance to catch my breath and watch a little Netflix. Ha! But really, sheet pan meals are the best!
How do you make Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken?
The first step is to chop up your veggies. For this recipe you’ll be using Yukon gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sweet onions. This combination is money! But really, how can you go wrong with sweet potatoes? They add the perfect sweetness to this smoky paprika chicken.
Make sure your vegetables are no bigger than about 3/4-inch pieces so they’ll be done cooking when your chicken is cooked through.
Once your veggies are cut, throw them on the pan, drizzle them with oil and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss the vegetables with your hands and get everything nice and coated, and then spread them out leaving 4 open spots on the pan for your chicken.
To prep your chicken, you’ll first want to pound each breast to about 3/4 inch thickness. If the chicken is all the same thickness, it will all be done at the same time.
Then make the sauce by combining oil, smoked paprika (though sweet or regular work too), garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Rub this delicious goodness on both sides of the chicken and then place on the baking sheet. Pop the pan in the oven, and 30 minutes later you’re ready to sit down with the family to a delicious dinner.
Can I prepare Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken ahead of time?
Of course! This recipe is perfect for meal prepping to have on hand for busy nights or to take to work for lunch. If you want to feed you family and have leftovers for meal prep, feel free to make a second pan of it at the same time.
Here are a few more easy chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Summer Parmesan Chicken by Garnish & Glaze
- General Tso’s Chicken by Recipe Girl
- Sheet Pan Lemon Parmesan Garlic Chicken by Cafe Delites
- Chicken Divan by Recipe Girl
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breasts sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 medium yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Place vegetables on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon garlic, salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss until everything is coated.
- In a small dish, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, 2 cloves garlic, mustard, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Spread over both sides of chicken breasts and then make space for them on the pan of vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.