If you’re looking for a good side dish recipe, this Roasted Broccoli with Asiago couldn’t be any easier to make. It’s delicious!
When you’ve got a side dish recipe that calls for only three ingredients, then you’ve got a winner! This roasted broccoli recipe does only call for three ingredients. Yay! When you roast veggies (including broccoli), the veggies take on a bit of a smoky, wonderful flavor. It’s the best way to prepare them.
- fresh broccoli
- olive oil
- Asiago cheese
How to make Roasted Broccoli with Asiago:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. You will need a rimmed baking sheet for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the broccoli into florets. Toss them with olive oil in a bowl. Then spread the broccoli florets out evenly on the baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until crisp-tender and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
Is it better to roast, boil or steam broccoli?
Roasting broccoli is a perfectly wonderful way to prepare broccoli. Steaming broccoli is a great way to prepare it too. If you boil broccoli in water, you’ll stand the chance of losing some of the nutrients in the broccoli to the water. Stick with roasting or steaming!
After the roasted broccoli comes out of the oven, toss it with Asiago cheese in a bowl. Then your roasted broccoli with asiago is ready to serve!
Is Roasted Broccoli good for you?
Definitely! Roasted broccoli is not only good for you, but it’s delicious too. All roasted vegetables are delicious!
How do you make broccoli taste better?
This is kind of a tongue-in-cheek question, but I know that there are people out there who struggle to love vegetables. Roasting broccoli definitely gives it a unique and delicious flavor. If you’re trying to disguise the flavor of broccoli somewhat, you may wish to make broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce or enjoy your broccoli in a broccoli cheese casserole.
Roasted Broccoli with Asiago
- 1½ pounds (about 1 large bunch) broccoli, stalks trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut each crown of broccoli lengthwise into 4 spears. Place the broccoli in a large bowl; toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer the broccoli to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Add the grated cheese to the same bowl (to be used in step 4).
- Roast the broccoli until crisp-tender and the stalks begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Return the broccoli to the bowl with the cheese. Using tongs, and toss to coat.