Marinated Kale Salad with Apples and Oranges

I have some fun news! I’m a new contributor to Parade Magazine‘s food blog. You know Parade, right?… that insert in your Sunday paper with great human interest stories and a smidge of celebrity gossip? Yeah, that one. I’ve always loved Parade, so I’m excited for this new opportunity too. I’ll be letting you know when I contribute new recipes so you won’t miss a thing. Click over and check out my first one: Marinated Kale Salad with Apples and Oranges

I’m totally and completely enamored with Kale Salads. This version is a super simple one that I think you’ll like too!  Don’t be afraid of raw kale… in my recipe, I’ll show you how to make it tender and wonderful!  Recipe > HERE.

20 Responses to “Marinated Kale Salad with Apples and Oranges”

Sheila Johnson — March 8, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

This looks delicious! I love making kale chips. Congrats on Parade Magazine!

Kate @ Only Cake Pops — March 8, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

That looks very refreshing, and not short on the ol’ vitamins and minerals. Always love to see a salad include some fruit!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 8, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Congrats on your new gig!

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat — March 8, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

Looks light and yummy! I love raw kale even better than cooked!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — March 8, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

This salad looks killer! Awesome recipe!

Amanda — March 8, 2013 @ 4:49 PM

Looks so yummy Lori!! Clicking over to check it out now! :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — March 8, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

Congrats on the new gig! This salad looks so refreshing and flavorful!

marla — March 9, 2013 @ 4:55 AM

Love this healthy salad recipe!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — March 9, 2013 @ 8:53 AM

Congratulations! Off to check out the recipe :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 9, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

Your salad looks good! Going over to check it out! :)

kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts — March 9, 2013 @ 1:32 PM

Lori,
    Great new opportunity for you! I love reading the recipes each Sunday in Parade, and look forward to seeing yours.

Thanks!

La Torontoise — March 10, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

Wonderful!! Looks amazing!
    Would do it these days. My family is kale-obsessed:-)
    And this Sunday, it seems to be my week of kale-based cooking:-) I just discovered another great recipe and made it for dinner:

Lori, I’ve been enjoying your blog in so many ways since last Christmass; I’m learning a lot from both the recipes and the food photography, but my job and life got increasingly busy and I did not get a chance to write.
    Thank you so much for the ideas! I’m trying out the recipes with organic ingredients and fresh products (as I go often to the South of France), and the experience was rewarding.
    Please keep up the good work and all the best!!

Bree {Skinny Mommy} — March 11, 2013 @ 1:47 PM

Congrats and this salad looks great-so healthy and colorful too!

The Healthy Apple — April 5, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

Made this today for lunch and it turned out great! Loved it, Lori. Have a great weekend!
    xoxo

Linda Hax — April 13, 2013 @ 11:21 AM

The Parade link the to kale apple orange salad seems to be broken, but it sounds good. I’ve tried several kale salad recipes and found, aside from great taste and nutrition another benefit, they keep well. It will still be tasty a few days after preparation unlike other salad greens.

Lori Lange — April 16, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

The link should be working- works for me! I love kale too!

Carrie — April 18, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

The link in your post works to get to Parade but the link within the Parade article doesn’t work for me either. :-( Truly sad as it did look like a yummy recipe.

Jan F. — July 9, 2013 @ 1:30 PM

I have read that adding salt and massaging the salad ready kale will take the bitterness away. Has anyone tried this?

Lori Lange — July 10, 2013 @ 9:26 AM

I have not.

steph — November 8, 2013 @ 6:13 AM

Here is a link that works!http://www.parade.com/26500/lorilange/marinated-kale-salad-with-apples-and-oranges/