This recipe for Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak has a nice marinade that turns out a very tender meat.
Is it grilling weather yet where you live? For us… today = no. Last week = yes. Next week = no. The weather has been a little iffy around here in the Reno/Tahoe area. We’ve had some beautiful, summery days, we’ve had a little bit of rain, and we’ve had springtime snow too! It can’t seem to make up its mind. I’m really ready for warm weather though. We’ve just had our back deck fixed up and repainted, I’m spiffing up the outdoor furniture, and I’m ready to have some outdoor barbecues! This recipe for Teriyaki Flank Steak will be perfect for our warm days of grilling.
The flavor on this marinade is delicious (better than a bottled marinade for sure), and it turns out a very tender meat. Be sure to slice flank steak thinly– against the grain– for the best results. Now get outside and do some grilling!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Combine flank steak with all other ingredients in a large freezer zip bag. Marinate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Heat grill and barbecue steak until desired doneness.
- Cut steak against the grain in thin slices.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is known to be GF.
Here are a few more grilled flank steak recipes you might enjoy:
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Butter by The Little Kitchen
- Grilled Flank Steak with Tomato- Pepper Salsa by RecipeGirl
- Garlic Soy Marinated Grilled Flank Steak by The Lemon Bowl
- Lime Marinated Flank Steak by RecipeGirl
- Grilled Rosemary Merlot Flank Steak by Framed Cooks