Here’s a summer favorite: Blueberry Apple Crisp
Hurry! Grab some end-of-summer blueberries and make this Blueberry Apple Crisp as we begin to merge into fall. Blueberries for summer and apples for fall means that this is a good almost-there dessert to make toward the end of August and early September!
I’m really hoping that fall begins to show its seasonal self sometime soon. I mean… I live in Arizona now, and it’s time for the heat to leave! It’s not that bad, really… but I do look forward to some cooler days and nights for sure.
This dessert bakes into a beautiful, juicy mess with that crisp layer on top.
Blueberries and apples are wonderful together. And a scoop of this warm crisp is perfect with freshly whipped sweet cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Thank you to Tanya from the LemonsForLulu.com blog for shooting these beautiful photos of this Blueberry Apple Crisp for me. It sure looks delicious!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Blueberry Apple Crisp
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups very tart apples (Granny Smith), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh sweet whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the blueberries and sliced apples in the dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and beaten egg until mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Drizzle melted butter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Here are a few more crisp recipes you might enjoy:
- Double Crust Marionberry Crisp by Reluctant Entertainer
- Strawberry Crisp by Recipe Girl
- Blueberry Crisp by Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
- Apple Crisp by Recipe Girl