This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Kahlua & Espresso
Yield: About 5 dozen
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Kahlua- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
I'm sure you can imagine that these are wonderful when they're fresh out of the oven... pull apart and bite into those melty chocolate chips. The Kahlua is a nice touch too
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon espresso powder
1 Tablespoon Kahlua
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted & then cooled a bit
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a small dish, dissolve espresso powder in Kahlua; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream butter and sugars together. Add Kahlua mixture, eggs and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined. Add cooled, melted chocolate and continue to beat until it’s mixed in. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until all flour is incorporated into the dough, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and no longer look gooey in the middles. Cool completely on wire rack.
*If you don’t have Kahlua, you can sub any other coffee-flavored liqueur. If you don’t wish to add Kahlua at all, just leave it out.