Here’s one of my favorite salad recipes: Caesar Salad with Pancetta and Roasted Tomatoes
This is a classic caesar salad that has been jazzed up by the addition of roasted cherry tomatoes and crispy pancetta.
It’s the perfect salad for entertaining. People always love to see something a little different in their salad!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Caesar Salad with Pancetta and Roasted Tomatoes
- 3/4 pound pancetta,sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large heads Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large yolk at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 medium anchovy fillets (optional)- I leave these out
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pancetta into 1/2-inch cubes and cook it in a skillet over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels and drain.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until soft.
- Wash the lettuce leaves carefully and spin- dry in a salad spinner. Stack the leaves on a cutting board and cut them crosswise into 1 1/2-inch slices. Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, place the egg yolk, mustard, garlic, anchovies (if using), lemon juice, salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor filled with a steel blade. Process until smooth. With the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube and process until thick. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and pulse a couple of times.
- Toss the lettuce with enough dressing to moisten well. Add 1 cup grated Parmesan and toss. Divide the lettuce among 6 to 8 plates and sprinkle with pancetta and roasted tomatoes.
- If you're wishing to prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that the pancetta and Dijon mustard you are using are free of gluten.
Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad Next Post »
Cranberry Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola