Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are an easy, 4-ingredient appetizer to make for a party!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Two 10-ounce cans whole water chestnuts
- ¾ cup bottled teriyaki sauce or soy sauce
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 pound bacon, strips cut in half
- In a medium bowl, marinate the water chestnuts in the sauce for at least 3 hours (or all day long), turning often. Drain and discard the marinade, and then roll the marinated water chestnuts in sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wrap each water chestnut in ½ strip of bacon (don't stretch the bacon). Secure the bacon with toothpicks and skewer through the water chestnut.
- Place the wrapped water chestnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is partially crisp. Serve hot.
- These can be made ahead and refrigerated until time to bake and serve.
- Try wrapping chicken livers instead of water chestnuts.