Baked Cheeseburger Sliders are a delicious way to make a bunch of little cheeseburgers to feed a hungry bunch for an easy weeknight dinner, party, Game Day or any day.
These sliders are a super fun, family friendly recipe. There is no grilling involved at all! And there are no actual burgers either! Instead, this sliders recipe focuses on turning ground beef into a cheeseburger-flavored mixture that is perfect for topping slider buns and baking with cheese to create the best cheeseburger sliders!
Ingredients needed for Cheeseburger Sliders:
- lean ground beef
- yellow mustard
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- slider buns
- sliced cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- salted butter
- sesame seeds
Any ground meat can be used. For a lighter flavor, use ground turkey. For a richer flavor, use ground bison. You don’t want to use a meat that is too fatty though because you don’t want a bunch of grease soaking into your buns. Any steak seasoning will do. Any cheese will do. And I prefer to use King’s Hawaiian buns for all of my slider recipes.
How to make Cheeseburger Sliders:
Cook ground beef and onion and garlic in a skillet until browned. Add in ketchup, mustard, steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
How to assemble sliders:
- As 1 unit, slice the rolls in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of rolls on the prepared tray. If you do not have a package of slider rolls where all the rolls are stuck together (like King’s Hawaiian rolls), then just place all the bottom buns on the baking sheet.
- Spread 6 slices of cheddar out onto the rolls. If you prefer Swiss or Colby Jack or any other cheese… go for it!
- Evenly spread the cheeseburger meat mixture on top.
- Spread the remaining 6 slices of cheese out on top of the meat.
- Place the top half of the rolls on top of the cheese.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and melted butter. Brush this on top of the rolls, and then sprinkle on the sesame seeds. If you know that your kids are going to be freaked out by sesame seeds, it’s okay to leave them off!
Cover the cheeseburger sliders and bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted- about 20 minutes.
The sliders are ready to pull apart and serve! It’s easiest to display them on a platter and let people pull them apart and serve themselves. They’re sloppy good!
These cheeseburger sliders have all of the deliciousness of a cheeseburger in a tiny burger form without making any actual burgers. I like them this way. There is so much more flavor, and the cheese has a chance to melt into the meat filling too. Enjoy!
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slider buns
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or 9x13-inch casserole dish with foil and spray the bottom with cooking spray.
PREPARE THE CHEESEBURGER MIXTURE:
- Add the beef and onion to a large skillet over high heat. Cook until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more, and then add the ketchup, mustard, Montreal steak seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
ASSEMBLE THE SLIDERS:
- As 1 unit, slice the rolls in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of rolls on the prepared tray. If you do not have a package of slider rolls where all the rolls are stuck together (like King's Hawaiian rolls), then just place all the bottom buns on the baking sheet. Spread 6 slices of cheddar out onto the rolls. Evenly spread the meat mixture on top. Spread the remaining 6 slices of cheddar out on top of the meat. Place the top half of rolls on the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and melted butter. Brush this on top of the rolls, and then sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Cover the rolls with foil and bake until they’re warm throughout and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. If needed, broil after baking to brown the tops. Serve warm.