This quick loaf bread is a favorite in my house: Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Each week I buy twice the amount of bananas that I think my family will eat. Then I’m sure to have some that will begin to ripen and be perfect for banana bread!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini chips are best)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 8x5-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add the baking soda, sour cream, eggs, bananas and vanilla. Blend well. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- You may also use 3 mini loaf pans- test after 35 minutes of baking.