Here’s a salad recipe that everyone will want to try! > BLT Grilled Cheese Salad with Ranch Dressing
Yep, this one is a typical BLT salad with the addition of some grilled cheese “croutons.” The Ranch Dressing really finishes it off nicely. This is one that the kiddos will enjoy too!
This recipe is easy. It’s family friendly. And it’s totally delicious! Those little grilled cheese croutons are the best!
The ranch dressing used in the recipe is key to making it really good. Ranch goes perfectly with tomatoes and bacon and grilled cheese. It was a good choice!
I make salad pretty much every single day in my house, and I’m always trying to find new ways to top my greens. I think you’ll find that this salad recipe is a good one!
Here are a few salad tips:
- Store your lettuces in sealable plastic bags wrapped in a damp paper towel.
- Expand your vision of the crouton. Bagel chips and crisp farro can play the role of good crispness in salads.
- Add crisp apple or pear and some good cheese and make that salad a full meal.
- Crisping tofu in the oven is an easy way to get protein into any salad.
- Make a salad based on what you have in the refrigerator and not what you think you need.
BLT Grilled Cheese Salad with Ranch Dressing
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 2 handfuls chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 handfuls chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups pear tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 grilled cheese sandwich, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- Newman's Own Ranch Dressing
- Divide lettuce between two large salad bowls. Sprinkle tomatoes and bacon on top. Add grilled cheese cubes.
- Drizzle with dressing, and serve!
- For your grilled cheese sandwich in this recipe, I think sharp cheddar and sourdough bread work great!
Here are a few more BLT salad recipes you might enjoy:
- 20 Minute BLT Easy Pasta Salad by Baker By Nature
- BLT Chopped Salad by Averie Cooks
- BLT Wedge Salad by Katie’s Cucina
- BBQ Salmon BLT Salad by Iowa Girl Eats