This recipe for Broccoli with Black Olives, Garlic and Lemon is a delicious way to eat your broccoli!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Broccoli with Black Olives, Garlic and Lemon
- 1½ pounds broccoli crowns
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot (one that accommodates your steamer), bring about 2 inches of water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, trim and cut the broccoli into 2 to 3 inch florets. When the water is boiling, steam the broccoli in a steamer basket until it's just cooked, 7 to 9 minutes.
- While the broccoli steams, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the olives, garlic, salt, and dried oregano. Cook until the garlic is lightly colored, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Finely grate the zest from the lemon; set aside. Squeeze 4 teaspoons juice from the lemon and add the juice to the oil. Season with pepper.
- Spread the broccoli on a warmed serving platter. Reheat the dressing until it begins to bubble and then pour it over the broccoli. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and fresh oregano. Serve immediately.
- If you are preparing this dish as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of olives that is known to be GF.