Celebration Cookies are simple, 4-ingredient, delicious shortbread cookies that are perfect for celebrations of any kind!
Sometimes you just need a pretty dessert that isn’t fancy. These super simple-to-bake Celebration Cookies are a bright and happy cookie that can be served at any celebratory event. Think of birthday parties, family milestones, anniversaries or New Year’s Eve/Day!
There doesn’t have to be a reason to celebrate to bake these cookies, but it just seems appropriate given their sparkly style. Leave off the colored sprinkles to turn them into the best buttery shortbread cookies.
Ingredients needed (only 4!):
- all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- colored sprinkles
How to make Celebration Cookies:
Use an electric mixer to combine room temperature butter with powdered sugar. Flour is then blended in to create the dough.
The dough is rolled out onto a floured surface. Colored sprinkles are then sprinkled on top of the dough and pressed in slightly. Use a round cutter to cut rounds out of the cookie dough. Re-roll scraps to cut as many cookies as possible.
Bake the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. They don’t spread much, so you can bake them pretty close together.
The result is a nice, crisp, buttery shortbread cookie. These Celebration Cookies are so fun!
I like to include them on a dessert table because they stand-out and add some color to the table too. Kids will eat them because they’re colorful. And when adults get wind of how delicious these buttery shortbread cookies are, they’ll be grabbing them too.
If you want to make Celebration Cookies “just because,” then you should know that they’re rather good dipped in milk. And they’re a pretty nice treat to have with coffee too. Enjoy!
Here are a few more cookie recipes you might like to try:
- Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- Kahlua Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Maple Crackletop Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- Malted Milk Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- colored sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the powdered sugar and butter. Add in the flour and continue to mix until the dough comes together and is well-combined.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to about ¼-inch. Press sprinkles into the top of the dough and use a round cutter to cut cookies. Place on the baking sheet. They won't spread much at all, so you can put them fairly close together. Re-roll dough scraps and press more sprinkles into the top, if needed. Cut the rest.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Those cookies turned so adorable. Thank you for the share.
These look amazing! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen flat sprinkles – what brand are they/where did you buy them? Thanks for your help!