This Vodka Party Punch recipe has been a party favorite for many years. Watch the video showing you how to make this Vodka Party Punch, then scroll to the end of this post to print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
When I was very little, my Mom started having Christmas parties where she invited all of the neighbors, friends and relatives. She made appetizers like Spinach Balls, Greek Spinach Triangles and Curry Dill Dip to share, and she always made this vodka party punch. Her parties were a huge hit. Everyone who was anyone came to her annual holiday party!
Her guests always loved her Vodka Party Punch, and she had to be prepared to make many batches. I remember the adults being quite tipsy at these holiday parties! They were pretty crazy times.
Mom’s Vodka Party Punch is a super simple recipe where everything just gets dumped into a big punch bowl. She always pre-made the mix ingredients so she could re-fill the bowl easily during the party.
The punch is a simple mixture of orange and lemon juices, vodka, grenadine and club soda. I always add maraschino cherries too. Or you can make ice cubes with maraschino cherries frozen inside of them, and use those for individual servings.
At my Christmas parties, I have charged on with the tradition of serving Mom’s ‘ol Vodka Party Punch. Instead of a punch bowl, I choose to serve it up in a party beverage dispenser. I like to be able to label it so everyone knows what they’re getting into!
How to make Ice Rings:
Mom used to make fun ice rings to float in her punch bowl. If you use a punch bowl to serve this Vodka Party Punch, I suggest you make ice rings. Fill a small jello mold with water (or orange juice), drop some maraschino cherries into it and pop it into the freezer. When you’re ready for serving, turn the mold upside down, run a little warm water along the bottom, and the ice ring pops right out. Then you can just float it in the punch to keep it cold. It looks pretty too!
I can’t do that since I use a smaller dispenser, but I freeze some juice and maraschino cherries in a plastic cup and make that my big ice chunk for the punch. Whatever works!
Here’s how I do my display at my party- haha.
This punch recipe can be served for any occasion. It’s an especially good one for New Year’s Eve or a holiday party. Watch out for that vodka… it does “pack a punch,” so to speak, but you can adjust the recipe to use less vodka if you’d like. And be ready to double and triple the recipe if you have heavy partiers in the mix.
If you’re looking for more party recipes, you might also like to try my Eggnog Punch or these Easy Stuffed Mushrooms. Mini Caprese Skewers, Goat Cheese Truffles and Sweet and Spicy Meatballs are also great party recipes!
Vodka Party Punch
- 2 quarts freshly squeezed or bottled orange juice
- 1 quart vodka
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice
- 6 ounces grenadine
- 2 liters club soda
- ice ring studded with maraschino cherries
- In a large punch bowl, combine the orange juice, vodka, lemon juice, and grenadine. Add the club soda and ice ring (see recipe notes) when ready to serve.
- To make ice rings: pour water into a jello mold ring- you can add maraschino cherries for color. Freeze. Run warm water over bottom of mold to remove the frozen ice ring. You can also freeze a mixture of lemon and orange juices. This will keep your punch from becoming "watered down."
- Alternately, put a maraschino cherry in each cavity of an ice cube tray. Fill with water and freeze. Put a few cubes in each glass before pouring in punch.