Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa is one of the best pork chop recipes I’ve ever made.
The National Pork Board sent me some pork chops along with this recipe. They wanted me to try it and share it with my readers. I was pretty curious about the whole thing, since I pretty much kill every pork chop that I try to make. So I decided to give the recipe a go.
Spices needed for Chili Rubbed Pork Chops:
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
Just mix up the spices and you’ve got the rub for your chops.
Rub those chops and let them sit…
… while you grill the fresh pineapple and jalapenos. Once these have some nice grill marks on them, you’re going to chop them up and mix with a little bit of lime juice and salt to create a simple, grilled pineapple salsa.
Grill the chops on your stovetop grill (or outdoors, if you’re ready for that!) I love this indoor grill- the nonstick surface makes it a snap to clean.
And there it is… the grilled pork chop topped with grilled pineapple salsa!
My family nearly applauded when they tasted these for the first time. The pork is tender as can be. Finally, this is one recipe where I don’t kill the pork chops. And that grilled pineapple salsa you see on top is pretty wonderful too.
Here are a few more pork chop recipes you might enjoy:
- Pork Chops with Creamy Apple Cranberry Sauce
- Barbecued Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tropical Salsa
- Mediterranean Stuffed Pork Chops
- Pan Seared Pork Chops with Pear Mostarda
Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Four 3/4-inch thick (24 ounces) bone-in pork center loin chops, trimmed
- Three 1/2-inch thick slices fresh pineapple, trimmed
- 1 medium jalapeño, halved lengthwise (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt, to taste
PREPARE THE CHOPS:
- In a shallow bowl, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the spice mixture. Let the chops sit at room temperature while you prepare the salsa.
PREPARE THE SALSA:
- Prepare a stovetop or outdoor grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill the pineapple and jalapeño until lightly charred (2 to 3 minutes per side). Remove from the grill and dice the pineapple and jalapeño. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, jalapeño and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
GRILL THE CHOPS:
- Grill the pork until an internal temperature reaches between 145 and 160 degrees F (4 to 5 minutes per side). Serve chops with the grilled salsa on top.