A favorite cookie recipe: Chocolate Mint Snowtop Cookies
I make these every year for holiday cookie platters. I love how they look like they’re snow-topped!
Chocolate Mint Snowdrop Cookies
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups mint flavored semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In double boiler (or a microwave safe bowl), melt 1 cup of the chips, stirring until smooth.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the melted chips and vanilla; beat in the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the remaining chips.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap; chill until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll each in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until tops appear cracked. Let stand 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.