My favorite new cookie recipe: Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Are you a chocolate person? This here is a chocolate- lovers cookie. It’s the cookie that chocolate people crave, long-for, desire and can’t get enough of. So is it for you? I hope so. I made enough to share. And I’m happy to give them all to you since I’m more of a vanilla girl 🙂
Even though I lean toward vanilla, I enjoy these cookies very much. My favorite part is the crispy exterior crackly top. A bite into the cookie will divulge a soft and chewy interior with toffee crunch here and there. Oh, and chocolatey… so very chocolatey!
It’s kinda tough not to eat a whole pile of these. But that’s okay… I won’t tell!
Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets (or line with parchment paper or silpat mats).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together (using microwave or in a bowl set over simmering water), stirring until smooth. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Beat in the melted chocolate, then stir in the flour, toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and dry but the cookies are still soft to the touch. Don't overbake! They'll become more firm as they cool.