Hurry, and make some Classic Zucchini Bread when you have access to some great, fresh zucchini.
True story: When I was little, my Mom made zucchini bread and zucchini cake ALL THE TIME. And I hated it… with a passion. There was something about it… like it wasn’t sweet enough or it didn’t have great flavor- or perhaps she just didn’t have good recipes (sorry Mom). Everyone else seemed to like it though, so maybe it was just me. Maybe I was frightened by the prospect of including a green vegetable in a CAKE, and I just couldn’t get past it.
I guess I’m over it, because I actually LIKE zucchini cake and zucchini bread now! The zucchini just adds a nice, moist element to the classic zucchini bread I made for you today. The flavor of zucchini itself is not present (thank goodness!) Because truly, I don’t normally want vegetables in my cake.
I’m happy to be on board with zucchini bread now. This recipe just turns out perfect. Next up: I’m going to be on the hunt for a mega-delicious zucchini CAKE recipe to share with you! I might even add some frosting!
Gluten-Free Classic Zucchini Bread:
My Mom is gluten-free, so I make a special loaf for her using Cup 4 Cup gluten-free flour (subbed in this recipe for the all-purpose flour). It turns out perfect as gluten-free and she loves it. By the way, that brand of flour- the Cup 4 Cup is my go-to flour blend when I’m adapting something to be gluten-free. I’ve had great results with it being the one that makes baked goods taste most like normal.
Here are a few more zucchini bread recipes you might like to try:
- Lemon- Zucchini Bread
- Vegan- Coconut Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
Classic Zucchini Recipe
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 5x8-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients (flour through allspice) into a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine the zucchini with the remaining (liquid) ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients and combine until wet. The mixture will be thin. Divide the batter between the loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- *If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to sub GF flour for the all-purpose.