Here’s a very easy recipe for Coconut Cream Pie.
I once was not a fan of coconut. It’s true! I’d taste all things coconut and spit them out in disgust. Thankfully, my tastebuds matured and I can now enjoy the deliciousness of coconut like everyone else.
I prefer it toasted. This pie is creamy and wonderful. Thank goodness for coconut!
Coconut Cream Pie
This creamy, delicious pie will quickly become a favorite for coconut lovers.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff
- One 10 inch baked pie crust
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin in the cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla. Slowly whisk in the hot milk. Pour the mixture into the top of a double boiler. Stir and cook until the mixture coats the spoon when it's inserted and pulled out. Add the gelatin to the hot mixture, and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the custard into a large bowl and refrigerate until it becomes syrupy and thickened, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Use an electric mixer in a large bowl to beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the egg whites and 1 cup of the whipped cream into the chilled mixture. Pour the cream filling into the baked pie crust and spread to the edges.
- Top the pie with the remainder of the whipped cream (sweeten it if you'd like), and sprinkle coconut on top (see tips below).
- Additional coconut may be added to the cream's filling, if desired.
- You can also toast the coconut if you wish.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 353kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 0.01g, Cholesterol: 113mg, Sodium: 192mg, Potassium: 143mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 820IU, Vitamin C: 0.3mg, Calcium: 75mg, Iron: 1mg
Here are a few more cream pie recipes you might enjoy:
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Life, Love and Sugar
- Chocolate Cream Pie by Recipe Girl
- Fresh Peaches and Cream Pie by Lauren’s Latest
- Banana Cream Pie by Recipe Girl