This recipe for Creamy Goat Cheese and Sage Mashed Potatoes turns out creamy, tangy mashed potatoes that are a wonderful side dish to chicken and other proteins.
Creamy Goat Cheese and Sage Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes; drain well.
- Return the potatoes to the pan and add the goat cheese, milk, and butter; mash until smooth. Add more milk if it's not quite creamy enough for you. Mix in chopped sage and salt; season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mound the potatoes in a bowl. Garnish with fresh sage sprigs.
- Type of potato to use? Try Russets or Yukon Gold.
- I sometimes use nonfat milk and a light butter spread and they turn out just as creamy.
- Make this recipe ahead if you'd like. When ready to serve, use milk to thin out the potatoes, as needed.