This recipe is a good one for those who find joy in chocolate: Deep Dark Brownies
A combination of espresso powder, cocoa powder & melted chocolate within the brownie, plus extra chocolate chips thrown in too just before baking make them extra decadent and worthy of consumption for the above-average chocolate fanatic.
I prefer to bake brownies in a pan lined with parchment paper so that I can literally lift the whole thing out after cooling and remove it to a cutting board. I’m a sucker for making sure I get clean cuts. And as much as people might like the edges, I cut all of those off first. I like the way the brownies look when they have nice, clean sides all the way around. The recipe for these brownies comes from the guys at Baked.
Deep Dark Brownies
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 3/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x8-inch pan. Line with parchment paper and let it hang over two sides. Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and espresso powder. Heat on low and stir until butter has melted. Add chocolate, and stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in both sugars until combined. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture and keep moving the batter around until combined and no longer grainy-looking. Add flour mixture to batter and stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with a greased spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a just a few moist crumbs attached (28 to 30 minutes). Don't over bake! Let cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve or store.