These Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are packed with chocolate and chewy oats — they make the perfect snack or easy treat and freeze beautifully!
I love cookies. I have serious, serious love for cookies these days.
Yes, even after the holiday cookie comas — they’re still one of my favorite treats! I love how easy they are to whip up and how easy they are to store and save when you go a little crazy and make 8 dozen one day. (Not that I know what that’s like).
I also have a thing for oats.
Mushy, overcooked oatmeal? Not so much. But I love their chewy texture and how they fill you up so easily. So while these are not necessarily healthy enough for breakfast, the oats do add a good amount of protein and fiber and it might be able to help you resist that fourth or fifth cookie…. or it might not. Because they are so good!
The dough is going to be a little on the sticky side, but don’t worry! This makes the cookies so moist and chewy because they don’t puff up as much as normal oatmeal cookies.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, vanilla and milk and beat until smooth.
- Add the cocoa, flour and oats and mix just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips. The dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets and press down slightly. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, until just slightly glossy in the center (just a little!) but mostly set. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Here are a few more oatmeal cookies recipes you might like:
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Recipe Rebel
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies from RecipeGirl
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Cookies and Cups
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies from Live Well Bake Often