A delicious crust is the base for these beautiful Lemon Crumb Bars:
Lemon desserts are always a big hit on the dessert table- especially lemon bars.
Easy Lemon Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- powdered sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the butter and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the flour and beat until blended.
- Pat the flour mixture over the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Maintain oven temperature.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl just until blended. Add the sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk until mixed.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the hot baked layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until almost set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let stand until cool and cut into bars.