I love this simple recipe to kick off summer: Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars
This is a tasty bite-sized dessert with fresh blueberries. It has a delicious crust. And it’s easy to cut into neat pieces!
Try this delicious dessert for all of your summer BBQ’s!
Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9x13-inch pyrex pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, zest and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and vanilla together; stir into the crumb mixture until a dough forms. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. (Keep the oven on)
- Sprinkle blueberries over the crust. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Prepare the topping: In a medium bowl, use a rubber spatula to cream together the 5 tablespoons butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, so that the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned. Cool and then dust with confectioners sugar before cutting into bars.