This recipe for Endive with Blue Cheese, Grapes and Candied Walnuts is a great appetizer for a party. Endive petals make the perfect little holder for appetizer fillings. The candied walnuts here make this one worthy of trying.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Endive with Blue Cheese, Grapes and Candied Walnuts
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup walnuts
- 8 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 48 whole endive leaves
- 48 whole red grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring the sugar and water to boil in a small saucepan. Add the walnuts, then boil for 5 minutes. Pour the walnuts through a strainer and drain thoroughly. Pour the nuts onto a parchment-lined baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the nuts are golden and give off a roasted aroma. Cool completely, then chop.
- With an electric mixer, beat the blue cheese on medium speed until creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Scoop the cheese mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe a small rosette onto the end of each endive leaf, then anchor two grape halves into the rosette. Sprinkle with a small amount of walnuts.
- WW Points were calculated using light cream cheese.