Great flavors in this salad recipe! The texture is great too with crunchy endive and leafy spinach. > Spinach and Endive Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese
Spinach and Endive Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium Belgian endives
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup pecans (3.5-ounces), chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together the oil, shallot, vinegar, syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice endives on a long diagonal, then toss with the spinach and dressing in large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salad with pecans, cranberries and blue cheese. Serve!