This Endive with Shrimp Salad is a great party appetizer!
Endive leaves are perfect for holding delicious fillings, thus making them a natural to use as an appetizer for this Endive with Shrimp Salad. This recipe is for a simple, fresh mix of lemon scented shrimp and goat cheese.
Endive with Shrimp Salad
Prep Time:25 minutes
- 8 ounces medium cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 whole endive leaves (from about 3 heads)
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, chives, and juice; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, place 1 tablespoon of mixture on each endive leaf, and top with additional chives.
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints per two appetizers: 1
Here are a few more appetizer recipes using endive:
- Endive Spears with Smoked Trout by Blogging over Thyme
- Proscuitto- Wrapped Endive with Blue Cheese and Pear by Recipe Girl
- Apple Endive Appetizer by Reluctant Entertainer
- Smokey Almond Cream Cheese Endive Bites by The Food Charlatan