Feta Topped Broiled Chicken is a simple and healthy dinner recipe.
How to make Feta-Topped Broiled Chicken:
I love this good-for-you chicken recipe, and it’s super simple to make. You’ll combine a mix of tomato paste, red wine vinegar and spices that you most likely already have in your cupboard (rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper). Then you’ll just rub the chicken with the tomato herb paste, broil it until done. At the end you’ll top with tomato and feta cheese until the feta is softened up and lightly browned.
I like to make this for dinner and utilize the leftovers for lunch the next day. The recipe is Weight Watcher’s friendly, and I’ve included nutritional information in the recipe as well. Weight Watchers points are noted at the top of this post.
Hint: the very best way to make this is to use the very best tomatoes you can find– the kind of tomatoes that are sweet and fresh and perfect. That makes this simple recipe stand out just a little bit more. If you find yourself in the middle of winter, good tomatoes are more difficult to find. I recommend Campari tomatoes. They’re the kind that markets sell in a little package, and they usually have good flavor all year long.
Here are a few more chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce
- Cranberry Chicken
- Caramel Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Francese
Feta Topped Broiled Chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (use reduced fat for WW)
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomato paste, vinegar, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat, turning once- 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices and broil for 1 to 2 minutes. Top with the feta and broil until the feta browns slightly .
- Serve immediately.
- You may also substitute goat cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- For more even cooking, pound out your chicken breasts until they are of an even thickness.
- Nutritional information was figured using regular feta cheese. WW Points were figured using reduced-fat feta cheese.