Here’s a simple and healthy dinner: Feta Topped Broiled Chicken
I love this good-for-you chicken recipe- it’s super simple– just rubbing the chicken with a tomato herb paste, broiling until done, then topping with tomato and feta cheese until the feta is softened up and lightly browned.
I like to make this for dinner and utilize the leftovers for lunch the next day. The recipe is Weight Watcher’s friendly, and I’ve included nutritional information in the recipe as well.
Hint: the very best way to make this is to use the very best tomatoes you can find– the kind of tomatoes that are sweet and fresh and perfect. That makes this simple recipe stand out just a little bit more.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Feta Topped Broiled Chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 1 large plum tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomato paste, vinegar, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat, turning once- 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices and broil for 1 to 2 minutes. Top with feta and broil until feta browns slightly .
- Serve immediately.
- You may also substitute goat cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- For more even cooking, pound out your chicken breasts until they are of an even thickness.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (Serving size: 1 breast) Calories: 191, Fat: 5.6g, Saturated Fat: 3.25g, Sugar: 2.8g, Fiber: 1.2g, Protein: 29.7g, Cholesterol: 82.5mg, Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, Points Plus Program: 4, Old Points Program: 4
Here are a few more chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom Wine Sauce by Recipe Girl
- Caramel Chicken by Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken by Recipe Girl
- Chicken Francese by Skinnytaste