This French Bread Pizza is the perfect meal for those crazy weeknights! It’s a delicious and easy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
When I was growing up, French Bread Pizza was a meal we enjoyed at our house on a monthly basis! I can see why my mother used this in her dinner rotation. It requires minimal ingredients, little prep time, and it’s budget friendly!
How to make French Bread Pizza
First, cut a loaf of French bread in half, length wise. Place it on a baking sheet and toast it in a 400°F preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
Once the bread has been toasted, take a garlic clove and rub it along the top surface of the bread. It turns it into a nice garlic- infused bread! Is it necessary? No. You can skip this step if you wish.
Next, spread pizza sauce over the top of the bread. You can use homemade or store bought, whichever suits your fancy.
Top the pizza sauce with a healthy dose of shredded mozzarella and sliced pepperoni. If you want to add sausage, diced peppers, diced onions, or crushed red pepper flakes you can add those at this time too. I opted for a simple family friendly French Bread Pizza by going with a pepperoni version.
Bake the French Bread Pizza in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melty!
Garnish with chopped fresh basil and enjoy!
If you are looking for more easy and delicious dinner ideas, you might also like these Beef Stroganoff Boats or this Pizza Pasta Salad. Taquitos, 20 Minute Swedish Meatballs and Easy Beef Enchiladas are also favorite dinner recipes.
French Bread Pizza
- 16 ounce loaf of French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled & cut in half
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces (2 1/2 cups) shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil (makes for easy clean up).
- Place the French bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side up. Place the loaves in the oven for 8 minutes, just enough time for the bread to slightly crisp up.
- Remove the French bread from the oven and rub the garlic clove halves across the cut surface of the bread.
- Cover the French bread halves with the pizza sauce, top with the shredded mozzarella, and add pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted!
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped basil if desired. Cut and serve immediately.