One of the best recipes to make in the summer: Fresh Blueberry Pie
Fresh Blueberry Pie
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups fresh blueberries
- One 15 ounce package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat your oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Stir in blueberries.
- Place one of the crusts into a 9 inch pie pan and pour the blueberry mixture onto crust, sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Cover with second crust, seal and crimp edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust and bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is golden and the blueberry filling is bubbling.
- You may choose to add ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, but it's perfectly delicious without the added spices.
- Keep an eye on the edge of the crust. If the crust begins browning too quickly, cover the edge of the crust with foil until the pie is finished baking.
- If you'd prefer a thicker filling, mix in 1 tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca when you toss the blueberries with the flour.