This Grilled Lemon Mustard Chicken with a no-oil marinade surprisingly turns out a very tender and moist chicken! I like to pound out the breasts a little bit so they’re thinner and more even, and they don’t take as long to cook on the grill.
If you’re on the Weight Watchers plan, this chicken counts as ZERO Weight Watchers SmartPoints! It’s perfect for adding to salads.
Yield: 4 servings: one 6 ounce piece of chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Grilled Lemon Mustard Chicken
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (any combo of rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole large skinless, boneless chicken breasts- halved (or use chicken tenders to top a salad- about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- lemon slices, parsley and fresh herbs for garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large freezer zip baggie. Mix well.
- Add chicken breasts to baggie and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 3 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Place on individual plates or on a platter surrounded by parsley sprigs, lemon slices and fresh herb leaves.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 6 ounce piece of chicken) Calories: 177, Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sugar: .3g, Sodium: 866.8mg, Fiber: .3g, Protein: 46.1g, Cholesterol: 110mg, Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 0, Points Plus Program: 5, Old Points Program: 4
Here are a few more grilled chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken by Plain Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano by Recipe Girl
- Wine Brined Grilled Chicken by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Grilled Cilantro Chicken by Recipe Girl
Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano Next Post »
Gruyere, Arugula and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts