Truly enjoy the summer with this sweet and spicy Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp served with cool and refreshing Avocado Dip.
Besides all the fresh fruit and ice cream, I love summer because I get to grill the whole season long and even into fall. If you’re looking for me around 5pm, I’ll be at the grill until winter cooking up everything from ribs to this Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp.
Holy moly guys! This shrimp is amazingly good. I like shrimp but this is like Whoa! It’s got a hint of sweetness and a bit of spice and the greatest thing is that it’s super easy to make!
That’s why I love the grill so much. It makes for an easy meal and easy clean up. Gosh I just love that I don’t have to wash another pot or pan.
To whip up this awesome shrimp, just mix the spices with the lime juice and honey and let it all marinate with the shrimp while you soak your skewers in water so they don’t burn. While you’re waiting, you can prepare the most delicious avocado dip.
This avocado dip is cool and refreshing so it’s the perfect pair to the sweet and spicy shrimp. Not only is it yummy but it’s healthy! All it takes is an avocado, non-fat Greek yogurt, milk, lime, cilantro, and some ranch seasoning. And now I just want to drown everything with this scrumptious avocado dip.
You can serve this Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp as an appetizer, main dish, or in a salad. All I know is I want to eat this all day, everyday and you will too!
If you are following the WW program, points for this recipe are included at the top of this post.
Here are a few more grilling recipes for you to enjoy:
- Barbecued Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Jalapeno Lime Shrimp
- Barbecue Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- Grilled Honey Lime Cilantro Chicken
- Mixed Grill of Shrimp, Sausage and Mushrooms
- Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Rice Bowls
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- wooden skewers
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh lime wedges, for serving
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
PREPARE THE SHRIMP:
- Let wooden skewers soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large zip bag, mix the honey, oil, juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper together. Add the shrimp and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp from the marinade and place the shrimp on skewers. Grill over high heat for 2 minutes per side or until opaque.
PREPARE THE AVOCADO DIP:
- Place all dip ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, fresh lime juice, and serve with Avocado Dip.