This simple Peppery Grilled Garlic Bread recipe makes a perfect side for a summer barbecue.
Why add pepper to garlic bread? I mean… garlic bread is pretty darn good all on its own. But pepper just adds an extra kick that you might be surprised about. The pepper is mixed in to the garlic butter mixture. The bread is grilled with just a brush of olive oil. The peppery butter mixture is spread on after you grill the bread. It’s an easy recipe to make if you happen to have your grill on anyways.
- unsalted butter
- garlic cloves
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- loaf of French bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
How to make Peppery Grilled Garlic Bread:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Spread the grilled bread with garlic butter and serve immediately.
To make things pretty, you can sprinkle on a little bit of fresh parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese too. Those are totally optional, of course. Enjoy!
The Best Grilled Recipes:
- Grilled Watermelon Salad
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- Garlic Butter Grilled Mushrooms
- Grilled Vegetable Chili
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
Peppery Grilled Garlic Bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into slices
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, pepper and lemon juice. Add salt to taste and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush the bread with oil. Place the bread face down on the grill and cook until slightly crisp and light brown, about 2 minutes. Spread the grilled bread with garlic butter and serve immediately.