This recipe for Hoisin and Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken is easy to make, and it has wonderful flavor. The chicken turns out very moist too- if you grill it just right!
Do you have a house full of chicken lovers? I have to say that we make chicken quite often at my house. It’s not always a favorite, but it’s easy and it’s a lighter meal. So I’m always trying to come up with new ways to marinate and grill or just cook it to be awesome in general. That’s can be a tough task with chicken sometimes.
This hoisin and lime marinated grilled chicken recipe is one that I reach for quite a bit during the grilling season. It’s an easy marinade to make, and it lends a lot of flavor to the chicken.
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- lime zest
- kosher salt
- chicken breasts
How to make Hoisin and Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is the very easy process of making the marinade. Combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, lime zest and kosher salt in a large zip-top plastic bag. Swoosh it around a bit to combine the ingredients.
Add chicken to the bag, and zip it closed. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally to distribute the flavor evenly.
Pre-heat the grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the bag, and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on a grill rack coated with oil or cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.
Then your hoisin and lime marinated grilled chicken is ready to eat! If you’re eating light, then this chicken is delicious to eat on its own with veggies or a salad. Or you can always serve it with rice or potatoes. And it’s terrific when added to a salad too. Enjoy!
- Use this marinade with chicken to make chicken kebabs! Alternate marinated chicken with pineapple, onion and bell pepper to create delicious kebabs for dinner.
- Combine the chicken with the marinade in a freezer zip baggie, and freeze until ready to use. You’ll have already-marinated chicken breasts to thaw and grill!
The Best Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Cilantro Chicken by RecipeGirl
- Rosemary- Mustard Grilled Chicken by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano by RecipeGirl
- Beer and Garlic Grilled Chicken by Barefeet in the Kitchen
Hoisin and Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Six 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In a large zip baggie, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, lime and salt. Add the chicken to the bag; seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag; discard the marinade. Place the chicken on your grill rack that has been coated with oil or cooking spray. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.
This recipe sounds good, 2 comments. I only use scalable recipes, as I am cooking for 1; 2 max if I want leftovers. Secondly, please stop with the marinating in PLASTIC – use a dish, as I always do.