A favorite dinner at our house: Honey Mustard Game Hens
Honey Mustard Game Hens
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Three 1 1/2-pound Cornish hens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse hens under cold water; pat dry. Remove skin; trim excess fat. Split hens in half lengthwise. Sprinkle salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over hen halves; set aside.
- Combine mustard and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place hen halves, meaty sides up, on grill rack or rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 15 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with mustard mixture.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of mustard that is known to be GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/2 game hen) Calories: 164, Fat: 4.85g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Sodium: 412mg, Fiber: .23g, Protein: 25g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Carbohydrates: 4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 8, Points Plus Program: 4, Old Points Program: 4