Fresh crab meat and artichoke hearts are combined to make this creamy Hot Artichoke and Crab Dip.
Viking's Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Two 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 3 teaspoons tabasco sauce, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 whole green onions, very thinly sliced (divided)
- 10 ounces fresh lump crabmeat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crackers or baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9-inch pan with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times to chop (don't puree). Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning, tabasco and lemon juice. Pulse 2 to 3 more times just to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in ⅔ of the green onions, reserving the remaining green onions for garnish.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper. Spoon the dip into the prepared pan. Bake until hot throughout and brown and bubbling around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining green onions. Serve immediately with crackers or baguette slices.