This amazing Beer and Bacon Dip recipe is easy to prepare and everyone will love it! Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home!
Beer and Bacon Dip
This Beer and Bacon dip is full of melted cheeses combined with beer and spices. It’s the ultimate beer-lover’s dip, which means my husband is pretty crazy about this recipe!
We like to make this recipe on football Sundays and for Friday night neighborhood happy hours. This dip is perfect for that. Beer and bacon are delicious additions to a cheesy dip!
This recipe comes from my friend Jackie Dodd’s cookbook: The Craft Beer Bites Cookbook. Jackie is the author of the blog, The Beeroness. She’s a craft beer expert, and she knows how to create recipes that are enhanced by the flavors of craft beer. This cookbook is an awesome one for beer lovers!
Here are a few recipes from the book that I’m looking forward to making: Beer-Poached Lobster Sliders, Maple Porter-Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates, Beer-Braised Carnitas Crostini, Triple-Chili Beer Cheese Dip, IPA Smoked Salmon Lettuce Wraps, Salted Beer Caramel Corn, Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Peach Mini Pizzas, Garlic Chili Beer Butter Shrimp, Beer-Battered Mini Corn Dogs and IPA Lemon Bars.
There are so many things that sound so good, and my husband will be happy to handle the beer leftovers 🙂
There’s crispy bacon mixed into the dip, and there’s bacon sprinkled on top too. I could dunk and eat this all day long with an endless supply of baguette slices.
The IPA (beer) used for the recipe gives it a distinctive flavor- you can definitely taste it. So use an IPA that you enjoy… you’ll want to enjoy the IPA leftovers too!
Make this one for the beer lover in your life, or bring it along to a party and it will be an instant hit!
If you’re a fan of beer, you might also like to try my Steak and Beer Chili or these Beer Marinated Chicken Tacos. Easy Beer Mac and Cheese, Beer Bread Muffins and Cheese Beer Soup are also delicious recipes where beer is a star ingredient.
Beer and Bacon Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 2/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup IPA (beer)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped (save some for topping)
- sturdy crackers or baguette slices, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an oven-safe dish (one that will fit 3 cups) with nonstick spray... or rub with butter.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, IPA, cheddar, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and salt to a food processor or blender.
- Process on high until smooth and well-combined, about 2 minutes. Stir in most of the chopped bacon- reserving about 2 tablespoons.
- Scrape the dip into the prepared dish and top with the reserved bacon. Baked until warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with crackers or baguette slices.
- Note: Baguette slices/crackers are not included in the nutritional information.